Translate

Monday, March 21, 2011

Quilt Hop

The Gathering of regional quilters left the members of my local circle cold this year, so Debbie cooked up a quilt shop hop of our own. Saturday, four of us buckled up and drove South to visit with Helen and her sister Phyllis, and shop at three shops in Northern Indianapolis. They were Always in Stitches in Noblesville, Quilts Plus in Northview, right across the street from where I used to teach, and Quilt Quarters in Carmel. Kay England used to own that one at its previous location, but now devotes her time to fabric design, books and lectures. It was at the last location that I found this luscious Matisse fabric: panels of 8 ladies.

When I came back, I scoured my fabric to find border fabrics. My mind is brimming with "mat" designs to quilt about them. Must mull on this...





No comments: