Translate

Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Christina Rossetti Was Right

"In the bleak mid-winter
Frosty wind made moan,
Earth stood hard as iron,
Water like a stone;
Snow had fallen, snow on snow,
Snow on snow,
In the bleak mid-winter
Long ago..."

That's been the tune of things this past week. Every day sees more snow, whether the weather man predicts it or not. Supposed to be warm and sunny? Snow. 30% chance? That means snow. No chance? Snow.

For pictures today, look at a white wall.

In the meantime, I've been having a grand time with mittens, and stock piling books to help me do the same. Love of my heart, the Haavisto book which I did win arrived on Monday. Sigh. I took it to the gym to study while I worked out. It gave me motivation. Not many people there are surprised, I don't think, since I regularly knit while working out (I've drop spindled as well, but that affected my speed on the treadmills). I have plenty of plans, but only one set of hands, and finite time.

I plan to post pictures of this, but I also received three beeeeau-tiful mitten and glove books from Heather in Wisconsin. Triple sigh. Much to study and much to do!

1 comment:

Judith Hartzell said...

Well, Stashmuffin, you owe me one hour and a half, and that was time I didn't have. I read your latest post about 90 minutes ago, and it led me inexorably back through to your 2006, I think it was, beginning.
Love your prose, love your poetry, love your pictures.
Proud to know you.
Your mom