Translate

Monday, February 21, 2011

Afterglow

The in-laws are on the road home, and I have firmly caught the cold of my youngest. Hopefully that means he will fully relinquish it and stop sneezing on things.

I am working on a lovely little shawlette called Boathouse Row. I'm making it in the strangest yarn: Cascade Yarns' fascination. It is bulky 50% coarse alpaca and 50% linen. It's discontinued; I got it at a a garage sale of a woman who owns a yarn shop. She didn't know what to do with it, I guess, and neither did I for quite awhile, but it knits up to a nice rustic look. There is little memory to it, and it will be quite warm, so I'm hoping a shawlette will fulfill it's purpose. Pictures of that later.

Today we have a picture of the mitts I finished last weekend. I finished the last cuff on the way to gifting it, so the pics are on the move...




No comments: