Translate

Monday, December 06, 2010

December Can Be a Low Month, Too

I saw one of the saddest sights of my life the other day, and I've been mulling it over ever since.

Keep in mind, the woman who types this baked homemade three-kind-of-chocolate chip cookies, apricot bars and lemon bars before eleven am today.

O.K. There was a woman in Kroger toting a three year old child who was...

...wait for it...

buying no-bake cookies.

BUYING NO-BAKE COOKIES.

One can't even say, "maybe her oven went out." Buying them.
I had no idea stores even carried them.

They are disgusting, and I hate them. The only thing they are good for is a sugar fix in case of emergency. And doorstops. I did, however, make them yesterday for my eldest to take to youth group. The are middle school fodder, and I almost understand how someone might want to eat them. But, buying? No Bakes?

I wanted to rush up to her and offer sympathies. I wanted to give her the recipe. I thought, maybe I should give her the 2-1-1.

I seriously need to think awhile longer to try to come up with the best possible scenario. Any ideas?

No comments: