Translate

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Preparations Continue

Just called the place we are staying in Oxford and extended it a night.

I am getting psyched for the trip! Clothes are strewn about my bedroom with wild abandon, and papers are being meticulously checked. It's sort of a trial run for facing the bobbies of London!

My physical preparations for the trip have failed somewhat. I had planned to walk at least 2 miles a day, adding weights and other workouts last week. Does helping my mum up from a wheelchair count? Mom fell last week and fractured one ankle and severely sprained the other. Youngest and I toodled down to help, especially since dad had a total knee replacement 6 weeks ago. My sister flies down today, and mom's plate and pin surgery will be tomorrow morning. We would all appreciate your prayers for her health and speedy recovery. My brother then joins her on Easter day.

As for my other physical preparations: I had planned to start gradually getting up earlier and earlier, so as to accomodate myself to the time change. Well, youngest again is a helpful boy. Yesterday it was 3:40a and today 4:20a that that little alarm has gone off. If only he were starting a little later, going backwards, and ever so consistently helpful.

Other than that, I am cramming in Catherine Tate show, Tommy and Tuppence, Jeeves and Wooster, Fry and Laurie -- basically all those cultural icons that will help me appreciate England at its finest hour.

Meanwhile, I'm working on a sock I began last June, and abandoned. Going well. Turning the second heel.

1 comment:

twinsetellen said...

ooh, add some podcasts from Hoxtonhandmade to your cultural education. She is delightful and full of Brit wit and tidbits.